Usually when its about anchovies we underestimate the value and the tastiness of the plate. But even if it’s not for the main dish it can be the appetizer or the slide dish of many lunches. We used to make the anchovies battered or fried but this solution is my favorite and I believe the most worth to try. In fact aren’t we all always on the look out for a quick and easy, healthy lunch, one that isn’t boring Ione that requires minimal ingredients but together to create something completely delicious. That’s what marinated anchovies are for me. Hope you enjoyed this highly nutritioned meal.
- Clean the anchovies. First, you’ll remove the heads from anchovies. Then, using your thumb, remove the innards and spine from the anchovies. Rinse them thoroughly under cold water.
- Lay the fillets skin side, covering the bottom of your serving metal or glass dish
- Place them in the freezer for 3 hours to completely freeze the fish. Freezing the anchovies to -20°C or -4°F can prevent illness from parasites found in raw fish.
How to serve them
- Remove the anchovies from the freezer.
- Cover them gently in vinegar .
- Finely chop the garlic and sprinkle over the anchovies, then pour the olive oil into the glass dish.
- Again place the anchovies in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Optionally rinse with freshly cut parsley I Literally love parsley but my kids hate it.
|Anchovies Marinated in Vinegar||Ingredients|
|2 pounds fresh anchovies 1-2 cups (250-500 milliliter) white wine vinegar 1 cup (250 milliliter) extra virgin olive oil 6 sprigs parsley optionally salt to taste|