This cool math activity for kids is very simple, but a lot of fun. It only takes a minute or two to put together, and can be used for a variety of math skills. Here’s how to make it:
- You’ll need to gather a few Styrofoam cups with a lip. You’ll also need a Sharpie or other marker to write with. Colored Sharpies could be a lot of fun.
- Write the numbers 0-5 around the rim/lip of 2 cups and 0-10 on another.
- Write an addition and subtraction symbol on the edge of 1 cup, and an equals sign on another.
- Stack the cups. First, a 0-5 cup. Second, addition or subtraction symbols cup. Third, the other 0-5 cup. Fourth, the equals sign cup. Finally, the 0-10 cup.
- Spin the different cups to make true equations…